Beginning to book your 2024 travel adventures? As you prepare, it’s essential to understand how crucial it is to be adequately insured for a smooth, safe, and stress-free trip of a lifetime. Immersing yourself into the country culture and stunning views, with that, as with anything, comes risk and a set of challenges that can increase the likelihood and impact of unexpected events. Anything such as injury or stolen valuables could bite amid your trip.
Travel insurance is the peace of mind that wherever you are in the world, you are covered and help isn’t more than a call away. Your insurance can help provide anything, such as medical care and replacing stolen valuables. You can truly focus on immersing yourself in these incredible memories, whether solo or with those closest to you. Being in an unfamiliar place can be daunting, so travel insurance and around-the-clock support are essential to take the stress away from your relaxing retreat or once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Here are just some things that travel insurance can provide:
- No matter where you are in the world, there’s always a chance of unexpected injury. Travel insurance can help to coordinate medical care abroad with all expenses covered, such as treatments and hospital stays
- Whether it be a flight delay or a sudden family emergency, your plans can be disrupted beyond your control. If you have adequate travel insurance, you can be reimbursed for non-refundable expenses or helped to reschedule your trip of a lifetime.
- With your trip comes transfers and flights. If your baggage gets lost or takes an unexpected detour, travel insurance can reimburse you for lost possessions or cover the costs of your delayed essential items.
Aside from travel insurance- there is more to planning your trip safely. Save this travel checklist for your next getaway:
- Research, including local customs, any vaccinations required or health precautions, culture, laws, and potential safety concerns, checking official government travel advisories for your destination. And make sure you’re updated on local scams and tricks common in your destination
- Make copies or digital scans of important documents (passport, ID, visas, travel insurance)
- Choose reputable accommodations and tour guides with good reviews and security measures. Share your travel itinerary and accommodation details with a trusted friend or family member. And be sure to research transportation options and choose reputable services.
- Download helpful travel apps, including maps, translation tools, and emergency contact information.
- Pack a basic first aid kit, including any necessary prescription medications and use locks on your luggage to deter theft.
- Avoid risky behaviours and follow local laws, particularly related to alcohol and drugs. Dress appropriately and respectfully, following local customs. Learn a few basic phrases in the local language to show respect. Be aware of and respectful towards local businesses, especially in religious sites.
- Trust your instincts—remove yourself from the situation if something doesn’t feel right.
Here at JMP, we’re here to give you peace of mind no matter your destination, stopping your trip of a lifetime from turning into an expensive nightmare – we can offer a single trip, extended stay and annual policies. Holidays differ significantly, so we create a seamless, dynamic policy to suit your needs and ensure whoever you may be travelling with is adequately insured, and you can focus solely on making memories and immersing yourself in the experience rather than what you would do if the worst were to happen.